Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Herb Garden #3

For the past couple of years, I've planted an herb garden, separate from my regular garden. The first year I planted rosemary and basil, herbs that are familiar to most gardeners. The second year, I successfully added lavender, stevia, cilantro, and sage to the mix.

This year, if I can find them and if they'll grown in my planting zone, I'd like to add the following herbs to garden #3:

>Tansy - also called bitter buttons or golden buttons. Can be used for medicinal purposes as well as culinary purposes. It is also used as an insect repellent.

>Dill - commonly used when making pickles and to flavor soups.

>Catnip - repels certain bugs in the garden, but attracts butterflies. Is also used to make tea and poultices.

>Peppermint - used to flavor candy, and for tea.

>Coriander - leaves, seeds, and roots are used for flavoring food.

What herbs do you plan to grow in your garden this year? 



No comments:

Post a Comment