Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Sour Beans

My father-in-law canned green beans last Friday. The next morning, we noticed standing water on the counter-top and after a short investigation, traced the puddle back to a jar of beans that had not sealed properly. When turned on its side, air bubbles drifted to the top of the jar, and after opening the lid, one quick sniff confirmed the beans had soured. Fortunately, the remainder of what he canned was fine.

Now, my father-in-law has been gardening and canning for years. Even the most experienced gardener, however, loses a jar of beans now and then. The trick is to keep it all in perspective. In other words, don't let a few sour beans ruin your day!










1 comment:

  1. Hi Eucelia,

    I know this is random but my name is Eucelia too and I’ve meet so few people with my name that I had to reach out.

    So this is me, Eucelia saying hi to you Eucelia.

    ReplyDelete