Wednesday, October 3, 2018

What's in a Color?

If you subscribe to the notion that certain colors can impact your mood, you're probably more in-tune with your inner self than I am (my father-in-law, for example, refuses to sleep on red sheets because he believes they will elevate his blood pressure). That being said, my favorite color is blue, and while I don't put much stock in colorology, I do feel a certain sense of calmness when looking up at an azure sky or gazing intently at a blueberry muffin.

Nevertheless, this Summer, I started to notice the color green and all its varying shades. In fact, I spent many an afternoon atop my riding mower (which is yellow, and named after Bumblebee from the Transformers movies), studying my lawn and trees from different angles, marveling at how their unique hues emphasized my colorful gardens and flowerbeds.

Now that Autumn is here and my trees, shrubs, and grass are turning caramel in color, I'll pull on my blue jeans and matching sweater, and attempt to appreciate all things orange, brown, and gold. Perhaps I'll find inspiration while eating a pecan pie, or strolling through a pumpkin patch. Who knows? Something might hit me, out of the blue.






No comments:

Post a Comment