Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Crissy Can't Grow Hair Anymore




When I was kid, I had a Crissy Grow Hair doll with auburn hair. To make her hair "grow" from short to long, or to change the length from long to short, you just turned a knob on her back. I soon found out, however, that if you actually cut Crissy's hair with scissors, all of the knob turning in the world would not restore her luscious locks. So it was, after a couple of left-handed haircuts by yours truly, my Crissy doll became a less attractive version of herself who spent most of her time at the bottom of my toy box. 

As a gardener, especially during the Winter months when I cannot work outside, there are days I feel like a Crissy doll with a bad haircut. I become a little less animated, my smile is superficial, and honestly, I'm not much fun to be around. 

On these days, a magic knob would be nice. Just a few clicks to the right or left and presto chango! I'm back on track and my hair looks fabulous! A fascinating concept if you think about it, and a real time-saver. But until that knob is invented, I'll comfort myself with the thought that Spring is just around the corner. And I'll leave the haircuts to the professionals!



No comments:

Post a Comment