Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Expect the Unexpected

Several years ago, I visited an old farmhouse that is perched atop a hill. As I drove up the dirt and gravel driveway, I thought I saw a white mushroom stuck in the muddy embankment. After exploring the farmhouse, I walked back down the driveway to take a picture of the mushroom. When I leaned over the ditch to view my discovery, I was both surprised and delighted to find the object I thought was a mushroom was actually an old porcelain doorknob! Using my hands, I freed it from the soil and wrapped it in a tissue.

The takeaway? When possible, allow yourself a little extra time to investigate the world around you, ditches and all.  You never know what you might find!

My latest treasure - the porcelain doorknob.

No comments:

Post a Comment