Friday, February 14, 2020

The Self-Aware Garden

As I sat down to eat my lunch the other day, the advert on the back of the tuna packet I was eating from caught my eye- "Behold, the thing sandwiches dream about." 

If the thought of a self-aware sandwich is a wee bit frightening to you, you may not want to read any further. However, if you're up for the challenge, here's a thought: what type of gardeners do gardens dream about? In other words, if you were a garden, what type of gardener would you like taking care of you? A no frills, barefoot cultivator with a straw hat on their head and a hoe in their hand? Or maybe a newcomer on the gardening scene, dressed from head to toe in the latest gear from the Tractor Supply Store?
 
If I may offer an opinion, I think gardens just want a gardener who is passionate about what they do. Someone who isn't just concerned with the end result, but also enjoys the journey. 





No comments:

Post a Comment