Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Garden

Gardens aren't a new notion. In fact, they've been around for centuries. And whether utilitarian or ornamental, a garden is often viewed as a universal symbol of pragmatism and creativity.

To the gardener, the purpose of a garden is often twofold - it fulfills a need to cultivate and nurture the earth, and it satisfies an innate longing to produce and bring something forth from the ground.

For this blogger, gardening is an act of self-expression. It is also a passion I've had since childhood, a journey that started as I watched my grandmother plant and dig in her garden with a metal kitchen spoon. As she moved back and forth effortlessly between rows of vegetables and flowers, she displayed a sense of grace I did not understand as a child, but have attempted to emulate over the years in my own gardening endeavors.

My Grandmother




2 comments: