Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A Face of Hope

Today, I woke up to a cold and wet April morning. With a murmur and a slight scowl, I got dressed and started my day. I must admit, as of late, these changing weather patterns have left me feeling a little crotchety. Indeed, just last week, I was working outside in short sleeves- mowing the grass, raking leaves from around my trees, picking up fallen limbs, prepping the soil in several of my existing flower gardens, and even starting a new one. As I worked under the beaming sun and inhaled the warm air that swirled around my face, I thought to myself, "This is it. Spring is here, and I'm ready to go!"

Well, although Spring has me as psyched up as a wrestler with a spandex wedgie, it is clear that Nature is not ready to leap forward just yet. Thus, I resolve to quit my murmuring, bide my time, and replace my scowl with a face that is worthy of a gardener - a face of hope.








No comments:

Post a Comment