Wednesday, November 7, 2018

All That Glitters

The ad tagline that popped up in my email read "Make sure your yard SHINES!" Caught somewhere between "it's the end-of-summer and I miss my garden" pangs and the "I can't wait for spring" blues, I took the bait, hovered, and clicked the button on my mouse.

Instantly, my computer screen came alive with colorful pictures of Christmas inflatables and glittery yard ornaments, all set against a backdrop of fluffy snow. Well, not real snow but the fake stuff, all white and clean, not dirty, dense, and clumpy like we get around here.

Realizing this wasn't an advertisement for anything gardening related, I sighed and exited the screen. Then, somewhat reluctantly, I resigned myself to the idea that in order for my yard to be shiny this winter, I may have to plant a few reindeer, and possibly a gingerbread man or two. Oh well, at least I won't have to water and weed!  


Me standing in front of a shiny Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment