Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Play Clothes and Memories

Have you ever opened your closet door, or pulled out a dresser drawer and asked yourself, "where did all of this stuff come from?" If you are like me, you probably have an assortment of clothes, belts, and shoes that you've purchased over the years for different occasions. I have business clothes for work, and workout duds that whisk sweat away when I run. A few provocative pieces are buried in my bureau underneath a heap of T-shirts and socks, and in my closet, sandwiched in between my jeans and jackets, are several dresses. If you add in the holiday attire, as well as my scarves, gloves, and hats, I have a wardrobe fit for a queen of a small country, or at best, a prime minister.

My favorite clothes, however, are the ones I wear while working in my garden. I call these my "play clothes" because they are reminiscent of what I used to wear outside when I was a kid. In fact, many of the best memories from my formative years, such as learning to ride a bike, climbing trees with my Dad, looking for fossils with my grandmother, and building snow forts with my friends, were created while wearing play clothes. And today, each time I put them on and commence working in my garden, that same youthful spirit I possessed during my childhood returns. Thus, I am reminded that anything is possible.






No comments:

Post a Comment