Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Whining and Watering

Ever have a task you grow weary of doing, but you do it anyway for the simple reason it needs to be done?  Of all the things I do when I work outside, watering is my least favorite. Now, I don't usually complain when I work in the garden. To be sure, grumbling is counterproductive to the peace that I covet while being outdoors. Every now and then, however, a deep sigh escapes me when it comes time to water everything I have planted.

Why so whiny you ask? Don't you have the modern conveniences required to water your garden? Yes, I do. In fact, I have a couple of water hoses, several outdoor faucets to attach them to, and a watering can with an impressive spout that I use when I need to water by hand. Moreover, I'm healthy and able to use these items without difficulty. I also pay my monthly utility bill on time, so no worries there.

If I had to venture a guess as to why the thought of watering tends to overwhelm me at times, I'd say it is because each year, I attempt to grow and harvest more than I did the year before. And producing more fruits, vegetables, and herbs for my family can be a daunting assignment. That being said, doing so makes me extremely happy. Thus, I continue water. 



No comments:

Post a Comment