Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Act of Planting

It has been a busy month around the homestead. May has found me happily working in the garden as often as possible, sowing squash, beet, and carrot seeds, staking tomato plants, and hoeing weeds. Additionally, I've tilled several sunny barren spots behind the house and set a variety of bulbs. I've also seeded a decent sized flower garden, transplanted a handful of droopy radish stalks, and stuck a fair amount of petunias in the ground. And, at the risk of sounding boastful, my herbs are thriving, and my marigolds are looking pretty snazzy. Consequently, it won't be long before I can cheerfully bypass the vegetable aisle at the grocery store.

While many of you have planted more than I have, and some may have planted less, the important thing to remember is that as gardeners, we have engaged in the act of planting. Thereby, we have taken another step toward our goal of being self-sufficient individuals in a big-box world. 





No comments:

Post a Comment